Address validation (or address verification) is the process in which a mailing address is reduced to a standardized form that can be tracked by a computer system and checked against an authoritative database which is maintained by the postal office. For U.S. addresses, that is the USPS. For Canada addresses, that is Canada Post. If the address matches, it means it is “validated” and thus it can receive mail. Otherwise, if there is no match, the address is considered “invalid” and can’t receive mail.

Why is Address Validation Important?

With the advent of electronic commerce, address data reaches your database through various interfaces such as live chat, website, mobile app, telephone call or email. Recent estimates show that less than 80 percent of the addresses typed online don’t have errors. The remaining 20 percent contain various types of errors ranging from incorrect formatting to erred postal codes or spelling mistakes.

That said, let’s now debunk a myth. Many people think that address verification only improves costs. Well, this is no longer true. In practice, address validation provides several important benefits. Let’s take a closer look.


Improved Strategic Decisions

Relying on an up-to-date and error-free address database provides you with the means to accurately analyze the market and make the right long-term decisions.  Simply put, your management team will be able to analyze a complete array of precise data. Armed with this knowledge, their decisions will be more effective and will better serve your long term objectives.


Better Customer Relationships

We've Moved

Good address verification software goes beyond fixing formatting errors and checking if the address exists in the authoritative database. It also enriches addresses with any missing information. This helps you accurately profile your customers and improve your ability to timely communicate with your customers. Say goodbye to lost opportunities. The postal operator will always deliver your mails to the correct address and in time.


Less Returned Email

If you rely on mailing for your marketing campaigns, validating the accuracy of an address is going to significantly reduce the number of returned or undeliverable mail. This will save you lots of money and time.


Let’s sum things up

Humans make mistakes and this is perfectly normal. As a result, if you take a sample of 5 addresses out your address database you’ll see that they vary significantly both in terms of accuracy and format.

If you validate your address data, you will save only deliverable addresses to your database. This will bring less returned email, improved business decision, and increased customer satisfaction.


Why Use WinPure Clean & Match Enterprise with Address Verification?

Our award-winning WinPure Clean & Match Enterprise with Address Verification is able to check the deliverability of physical addresses in U.K, U.S.A., and Australia. For example, the U.K. database contains no less than 28 million addresses and postcodes. Furthermore,  WinPure Clean & Match Enterprise can be integrated with all your existing data sources. No matter if you are using databases, spreadsheets, or a CRM. Or all these together. Our software makes integration a breeze.

These are just a few reasons why large companies such as Bank of America, Vodafone, McAfee, Hewlett-Packard, and Emirates are happy to use our leading data cleansing and data matching software. Stay ahead of the competition and give WinPure Clean & Match Enterprise a try today.

By Andrei Popescu | January 30th, 2019 | Posted in Address Verification

About Andrei Popescu

Andrei is a detail-oriented writer and enjoys the process of researching and learning new things all data quality.

Any Questions?

We’re here to help you get the most from your data.

Download and try out our Award-Winning WinPure™ Clean & Match Data Cleansing and Matching Software Suite.

WinPure, a trusted innovator in Data Quality and Master Data Management Tools.
Join the thousands of customers who rely on WinPure to grow faster with better data.