Direct mail is one of the most important marketing tools available to businesses of all sizes. As a result, address verification is a critical element of a successful direct mail campaign. The success of your campaigns depends both on the quality of your mailing and on the nature of your message. Hence, every penny spent on a postcard or brochure that does not arrive at its destination increases the amount of postage paid. In this blog post, we will discuss how to address your UK mail correctly.
Why is It Important To Use Correct Addresses?
As mentioned, address verificationis an essential aspect of any direct mail campaign. Inaccurate addresses result in delivery to the wrong address, which usually causes missed sales opportunities and customer frustration. Address verificationbrings significant business benefits.
Here are the most important ones:
- Increases the number of marketing materials that reach your customers
- Saves both money and time spent on returned mails,
- Provides better data analytics. For example, your company will be able to use accurate data to find out where your customers are actually based.
- Enhances customer service
- Improves brand perception
- Boosts the effectiveness of your campaigns
- Combined with address-autocomplete, provides improved registration process and online checkout for your website.
Who Specifies What Address Format is Best?
For the UK, Royal Mail is the postal authority. To assure an efficiency of mail processing, Royal Mail requires a certain standard to be followed.
How Should an Address be Formatted?
Fortunately, there are some guidelines that show how is best to format an address for UK delivery:
- the address should be clearly written on the front
- the name and address should go on the bottom left corner
- the chosen font should be clear
- the color of the text must be clear against the color of the envelope
- the postage must be placed on the top right
And don’t forget to include the include the postcode!
Here is an example of a properly formatted address:
Miss S Pollard
1 Chapel Hill
Who Will Benefit From Formatting Addresses Correctly?
As you might have already guessed, both your company and customers will benefit from the proper formatting of mail addresses. As a result, the most important benefits for your company are:
- it improves record keeping
- it assures that your customers are happy by avoiding badly addressed emails
- address collection is faster which significantly saves you time
- it increases sales and conversion rates by speeding up the website purchase process.
- it saves you money and time by reducing the number of returned or undelivered items.
Besides these benefits, address verification is also important for your customers:
- most of all, they receive only the information that is relevant for them
- they are always up-to-date with the latest products or service you are offering
What Are the Benefits of Using Addressing Tools?
According to a recent study, 50% of businesses don’t have confidence in their data. With the increased amounts of information, businesses have to cope with, it is no longer feasible to perform address validation manually. It is simply too time-consuming and too costly. Hence, by using an address verification tool, you will save money on your mailing costs and increase your sales. In the same time, the customer experience will get a significant boost. Why is address verification important for your business?
Why use WinPure Clean & Match Address Verification?
Our award-winning WinPure Clean & Match with Address Verification is able to practically check the deliverability of every physical address in UK, as it contains over 28 million addresses and postcodes. It is fast and you can easily integrate it with all your existing data sources: marketing/mailing lists, databases, spreadsheets, CRM’s and so on. Furthermore, our software caters to your security needs. You can install it locally and the software will process all data securely on-premise rather than over the cloud
Try WinPure Clean & Match with Address Verification today and discover why large companies such as Bank of America, Vodafone, McAfee, Hewlett-Packard, and Emirates are happy to use our leading data cleansing and data matching software.